This episode’s guest is Chris Pomerleau, the co-founder and Director of Investment Strategy of Park Ave Capital. His company is a Midwest private investment firm that’s focused on acquisition and management of local and alternative resources that manages over 40 million multifamily assets. He is also a practicing family law attorney in Omaha, Nebraska. Chris shares his beginnings in the multifamily investing career and his experiences in the field.
Important points in this episode
- Chris began his real estate journey with single family home in 2013 and proceeded into multifamily investing in 2017.
- You can make more money in multifamily home than in single-family home as the apartment units are paying for the expenses of every single other unit.
- Omaha is a good place to start investing in because it’s not as volatile as opposed to other areas. It’s also in the top five least affected markets impacted by the pandemic.
- Chris likes to invest with people who want to learn more about the project and those who would love to get their money at the end of the quarter.
- Multifamily investing is a team game, you need to rely on a great team member to have success.
- Connect with Chris via his LinkedIn account.
- Check out Park Ave Capital’s website here.
- Read the Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.
- “Do everything you need to do diligence wise and own it.”